Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tuesday/Wednesday

I forgot how to say hi in Swiss....

Anyway... After dinner yesterday (which by the way, the Germans tend to have big lunches and little dinners which I can't get used to...) we had a "surprise" magic show. For being done by a German, it was quite good. He did some excellent tricks i can only wish that I knew how to do. Then, because i wasn't feeling to good, I went to bed. Today, I felt better (praise the Lord) and during announcements, I was surprised with having Happy Birthday sung to me in 3 different languages and I was given some sweets and this shirt:

It comes from a local candy company called Haribo that makes some really good candy :)

Then we had classes in the morning, a class this afternoon, my parents provided cake and ice cream at tea and then we went out to play the Danish version of baseball in the rain. I ended up being the big home run hitter :). Now I am drying off before the instructors concert tonight. I can't believe it, but we're only in Europe for 3.5 more days!

Random thoughts:

I am feeling better...

I can't wait to have no driving restrictions back in the states...

Kevin Henderson is pretty awesome. Not only does he have the best accent in all of creation, but he also is very much a freestyle fiddler that doesn't care how his tunes are played and he's pretty good at Rundbold (Danish baseball)

The building where we are all staying is an old scissor factory...

I'm convinced that one of the guys here is a direct descendant of both William Wallace and Tarzan...

I really wish I knew how to speak German...

I think I pulled a muscle in my upper thigh...

Cody, I was thinking about you and your football games while I was out playing in the rain...

I fall asleep to Taylor Swift music almost every night...

I need people for my fantasy football league (email me if you are interested...)

One of the Swiss gals here is from the village where Swiss Army Knives are made and was the teacher for the owner's daughter...

I'm ready to hear some good pop/country music again...

I'm still singing Wicked songs like all the time...

Sometimes, it is hard for me to not start speaking Spanish...

And that's about it for today!!

Chris

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun birthday!! (That sounds weird to say since it's still your birthday here in the US :D). Congrats on being the big home run hitter. I must say I've never had that experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Chris, you make me laugh. Glad it was good, and that you're feeling better.
    Tarzan AND Braveheart? That one you HAVE to explain when you get back to the States. Miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shirt. I'm so glad that you felt better on your birthday!

    I'm sure my dad would love to be in your fantasy football league if you haven't already invited him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally love the shirt. I'm glad you're feeling better and that you enjoyed your birthday :D Hahaha, and I love your random thoughts. :P

    Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete