Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday/Monday night

Hey all!

So last night, we had a dance. We did some Danish dances, a few Scottish/American dances, a crazy Swiss dance, and few others. It was quite fun :)

Today, after breakie, we had class with Hanneke (the American teacher) and she taught us 2 tunes in an hour. After that, I had a headache and slept the rest of te morning until lunch. Then it was off to class with Harald (where we learned another 2 tunes) but they weren't too bad. Then we had coffee/tea break before afternoon activities. While the girls did a master class with Harald, I went to hear Kevin (the Shetland fiddler) talk about "trows" which are the Shetland version of trolls. It was pretty unique :)

Tonight we have a surprise waiting for us followed by a jam so we'll see how that goes...

Random notes:

As big as football is in the states, no-one else cares...

REAL football on the other hand...

There are many more different kinds of bagpipes than I thought including French and Swedish versions...

The Fins spend a ton of their off-road car racing...

Danish cheese isn't too great...

Swiss people are pretty wacky...

Apparently I have a better English accent than an Englishman...

I am about to be an adult (at 6 oclock on the East Coast...)

Please pray as I am not feeling 100%...

I am drinking more coffee than i ever have...

Maybe the two are connected...

Adios!

Chris

7 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRIS!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRIS!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRIS!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRIS!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRIS!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRIS!!!!!!!

    You'll have to tell us what exactly the crazy Swiss dance was when you get back. :)

    We'll pray for you and I really hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy the last couple days of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really neat that Hanneke is at the fiddle camp. :)

    I will pray that God will strengthen you and that you would feel 100%. :)

    Happy happy happy happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. :) I hope and pray you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! Happy unbirthday, and SO sorry I missed it!! :(
    Um, so I want to hear about Trows when you get back. And if you don't have stories, I will make some up, so get good ones.
    There are French bagpipes? Sacrilege! But I suppose it could work...?
    So, does that make your Brit accent an official Brit accent? Because apparently Brits have an official pronunciation for every word, unlike Yankees.
    Sorry you're not feeling well; praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I am informed that I've lost my head, that your birthday is the 4th and not the 3rd. And whether or not I managed to get your birthday right in that time zone, I lobby that you were born in a time zone far closer to this one, if not in this one, and so I got your actual birthday. Ta-dah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY (late) Hope it was amazing!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete