Saturday, August 7, 2010

This is it...

Well ladies and gents, tonight I am writing you from a castle. Nothing big. just a castle. WITH A MOAT. Just thought I would get that off of my chest...

Anyway, Yesterday we had our concert which was a blast. Everyone played very well and the audience loved all of our fiddle tunes. After the concert, we all went back to the hostel where we had dinner and some jamming time until like one AM. I was extra-happy because I got to play a contra-bass for a while... until I got a blister on my plucking finger that is...

In the morning, we were woken up by a kids football club that was being annoying loud at ungodly hours of the morning. After breakfast, we said our goodbyes, packed, said more goodbyes and then were off to HOlland for our last night in Europe. We Went through the city of Haarlem and saw Corrie Ten Boom's house... Haarlem was a really cool little city. Much better than Amsterdam. Then we went to the hostel which is a 13th century castle that was rebuilt in 1546. It is awesome.

Well, that's it for Europe. I will talk to you all again stateside!

Chris

4 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you're staying a in a honest-to-goodness castle! Not just seeing it.

    It's also really really neat that you saw Corrie ten Boom's house, and (I'm assuming) the actual hiding place. :)

    I can't wait to see and squeeze all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I can't wait for you all to come home!!!!!! So excited!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping you'd get to see the Corrie ten Boom house! That sounds like a cool place. Hopefully you were allowed to take pictures of the hiding place...??

    Usually I would be sad about the last post of a blog, but not this time since it means you're coming home!!!!!! CanNOT wait to have you all back and hug you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ten Boom's house? That's awesome! Glad y'all got to see it! And is this 13th century castle the one in which you're staying in? Can't wait until you get back on this side of the pond! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete